01 March 2011

Welcome! And a contest.

Today is the day! I've "moved blog" to this address and hope to blog long and often here from now on. To celebrate I'm going to have my first contest (how embarrassing to blog for so long without hosting a contest).

How about we talk about "firsts" and turning over new leaves and such? In addition to moving to the new blog, today I went to the gym. Can you believe it? Generally, I pride myself on my laziness, but it's time to get back in shape. So, I walked and jogged on the track and took a look at all the equipment they have (it's the Columbia gym, so they have a ton of stuff for all those kids). There was a Vinyasa Yoga class going on in one of the studios while I was there, and I may have to see if I can arrange my schedule to take it, though I'd rather do Hatha to start. Anyway, that's my new leaf today.

For the contest, I have an extra copy of the wonderful book The Natural Knitter (link will take you to Amazon; go here to check it out on Ravelry). It's a lovely book (and a shame that Barbara Albright passed away before it even came out), with a nice variety of patterns and lots of interesting information about plant and animal fibers, as well as a little bit on dying and spinning. It looks like Potter Craft may be taking this book out of print.
The Natural Knitter: How to Choose, Use, and Knit Natural Fibers from Alpaca to Yak

To enter, leave a comment about what new things you're doing as Spring comes our way on this post before 9am on Friday March 4th. On Friday I will announce the randomly selected winner. And be sure to keep reading for more contests and knitting news.

Thanks and happy knitting!

8 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about new knitting projects for Spring, and came to your site because I love your "Turn of the Glass" sweater. Good Luck with your contest and new host!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is a time of growth and I am hoping to grow more creatively. I would also like to feed my soul by taking a new yoga class this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There must be something in the air. I have never liked walking, but this January saw me finally get on my treadmill and get myself moving every day. I'm quite amazed at myself...hope it continues :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking about starting yoga. My daughter gave me a DVD for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to being a new blog!
    I'm trying my best to blog more for Spring. We'll see if I can post one every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking about my garden and what I'm going to do with it this year, what new plants I'm going to put in, what I'm going to rip out. I always look forward to seeing what survived the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know, I'm also trying hard to blog more. Also, I'm trying to get my new house in order. It's a big job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to knit a sweater from top to bottom with set in sleeves. Quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?