17 September 2010

Pattern: Captain Austen's Scarf

captainaustensscarf_image.jpg
I've had an idea for a red captain's scarf for quite some time (think "Captain Jack Sparrow", if you've seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies). Then, one day I walked into Yarntopia and saw this Malabrigo Twist yarn in Ravelry Red - perfect color for what I had in mind and, oh my, what a yarn! All the softness and richness of color that you love in Malabrigo Worsted with multiple plies to keep pilling at bay. 


A cozy scarf is a must for walking the deck of your ship, and what better way to dress it up than with a little of Frank Austen’s fringe? He worked the very same fringe (on some curtains) while on shore leave with his sister Jane. Luscious, bulky Malabrigo Twist makes for a quick knit, and the reversible Seaweed stitch pattern will keep your interest until it’s time to tie that fringe and board your ship.

The pattern is available here on Ravelry, or you can purchase it directly using the button below.

2 comments:

  1. That's a handsome scarf! And I do so love Malabrigo :)

    Percy is a wonderful knit--I can't memeorize the pattern, which for me, keeps my interest up. It clearly needs to be blocked very hard, though.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?